Frequently Asked Questions
- Administrating Members
- Organization Settings
- How do I join my organization's DataCamp subscription?
- How do I transfer my account to an Organization without losing anything?
- Why is there a difference between the XP on a member's profile page vs. the XP on my Organization Leaderboard?
- Can members pay individually?
- Will removed members keep their progress?
- Can I view my teammates' progress?
The ability to remove members is generally not available for Administrators at this time in order to comply with our updated Terms and Conditions. However, there are exceptions. Please see below.
You can remove members without contacting Support if you are an administrator of that DataCamp organization only if you fall within these criteria:
- You have a DataCamp for the Classroom organization
- Your subscription state is either
- Expired, or
- Pending Activation (i.e no course access or course access only for a little bit longer in the case of expired)
- Within the first 15 days of your current subscription term
- Within the last 15 days of your current subscription term
Please contact the DataCamp Support team by clicking on the Submit a Request button at the top of the Help Center if you believe you have a situation where a member should be removed.
As an Administrator in your Organization, it is important to keep track of your team's progress and measure their engagement. DataCamp's Reporting and Leaderboard functionalities allow you to do just that. More information on leaderboards and reporting can be found HERE.
You can access more data on course completion by navigating to the Reporting section of your Organization's interface and going to the Export tab to export a .csv. It should appear as a .zip file in your Downloads folder.
One of the two files in that folder contains course-level data broken down by each member. From here, you should be able to access information like the date a member started a particular course, and when they completed it. A full breakdown of the information found in the export can be found HERE.
Depending on what you are looking for, as the administrator of your DataCamp Organization, there is a lot of useful information readily available for you. The best place to start is the Reporting tab of your administrator dashboard.
As the name implies, the Summary tab gives you a general overview of all members in your DataCamp Organization. It can be accessed by clicking on Reporting > Summary. From here you can see:
- Their name and email address
- Number of completed courses
- Number of completed exercises
- Number of completed chapters
- Total XP
The View Leaderboard option allows you to view much of the same information above. It can be accessed by clicking on Reporting > Summary > View Leaderboard. One of the main differences here is that you can filter by 30 days, 90 days, or the Past Year. This helps you identify your DataCamp rockstars more easily.
If the information above is still not enough for you, you might consider using the Export option to extract more specific information. The Export tab can be accessed by clicking on Reporting > Export. From there, you'll have the option to download a report as a CSV or XLS file. In addition to the information found in the Summary tab, the export includes:
- The member's username in DataCamp
- The name of the team(s) the member is enrolled in
- Created At
- When the member was added to the organization
- Deleted At
- When the member was removed from the organization
- The number of completed practice sessions
- Completed Courses
- The names of the completed courses by the member
- Completed Practice Mode
- The names of the completed practice sessions by the member
This option is only available for Enterprise subscribers. After you've exported your report, you'll note there are two tabs within your report:
- "groups", and
- "by course"
If you click on the "by course" tab, you'll see user activity at a more granular level, along with when members joined or left your DataCamp for Business group.
1. The "by course" tab reflects the column "JoinedGroup". This is the date members have joined your business group.
2. Whereas, the "groups" tab reflects when users have "created" their DataCamp accounts under the column "CreatedAt", not when they have joined your group as a member.
New members will have access to premium content for the duration of your subscription term -- regardless of when they were added to your DataCamp Organization.
For some members it may be a full year, for others, it may be a few months. It all depends on when they were added to your DataCamp Organization.
As long as members are enrolled in an active DataCamp Organization, using a license, they will have premium access.
If your organization cancels at the end of your year term, all members lose access at that same time, no matter what period of the year were enrolled.
If your organization renews at the end of your year term, all members continue to retain their access to premium content as long as they are enrolled and the subscription is active.
While there isn't a built-in mechanism to merge Organizations together, there is a solution:
To resolve this issue, the same person must be an administrator in both Organizations. If you would not like to occupy an additional license with that administrator account, you can grant the account dashboard-only admin access. More information on that role type can be found HERE.
If your goal is to have distinctions within the same Organization, check out the Teams functionality within your DataCamp Organization.
To change your Business Groups name, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Groups Settings page (located on the left-hand side of the Groups dashboard)
- Once you click on Settings you'll be on the "General" tab within the Settings page
- Navigate to Organization Name
- Make the change and click Save
The delete group feature is not available at this time for administrators. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The group name (or link) that you want to delete
- The email address associated with your DataCamp administrator account
For privacy precautions, we may require an additional email from you to confirm the deletion.
DataCamp can offer invoicing rather than credit card payments for all annual subscriptions over $3,000. Annual subscriptions under $3,000 must be paid through our website with a credit card.
If you have an existing subscription and would like to pay with an invoice, you can contact your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
If you're a new customer, you can click on the Learn More option HERE; after you submit the requested form, a member of DataCamp's Sales Team will reach out to you.
Please note that, as a security precaution, DataCamp does not store credit card data.
The default payment method cannot be removed from a DataCamp subscription. However, there are a few options if you would like it removed from the system:
1. Add another payment method by navigating to your Organization and clicking on Account Settings > Billing. This will essentially replace the existing payment method on file.
2. You can switch to invoice payments.
3. You can request to cancel the business subscription to prevent auto-renewal by reaching out to the support team or your customer success manager with more information.All enrolled members will still have access to premium content until your subscription end date.
If you have questions about either of these options, please let us know.
At the moment it is not possible to add new team members to existing Assignments. This is something that we plan on allowing for in the future.
If a new member joins a group after the administrator has assigned an Assignment, the member cannot see it or participate in it.
The only workaround is to create a new Assignment, ensuring that all members have been assigned to it.
The course you are referring to is likely a course that has not been formally released yet. We call these "soft-launched" courses. While soft-launched courses are available for some DataCamp learners, they are not available for everyone, which is why they cannot be added as assignments.
Soft-launched courses are still being monitored for quality purposes. This process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but may take longer. Once this process is complete, the courses are formally launched and made available in the Assignments dropdown.
There are a few ways to enroll as a member of an organization and get access to DataCamp content. You can either sign up via an email invitation, generated by DataCamp, or an invite link, generated by your organization's administrator. The steps are slightly different depending on whether or not you already have a DataCamp account.
New DataCamp Users
If you do not have a DataCamp account and received an email invitation, here are the steps for joining your organization.
1. Click on the Join Group button
2. This will take you to a sign-up page like the one below (You should only sign up on this page and not click Create a Free Account)
3. Enter your information and click Get Started
Existing DataCamp Users
If you already have a DataCamp account and received an invitation email, then you're in luck! The steps are even simpler.
Once you receive the invitation email, like the one above, you'll just have to click on Join Group and log into your existing account.
Via Invite Link:
If you received an invitation link directly from your organization administrator, you will have to either click on it or navigate to it in your browser. The invite link should look something like this: https://www.datacamp.com/groups/shared_links/ilovedatacamp
New DataCamp Users
If you do not have a DataCamp account, you will be prompted to create one before accessing the organization with this link.
Existing DataCamp Users
Once you receive the invitation email, like the one above, you'll need to click on Join Group, accept the invite, and log into your existing account.”
You can certainly transfer your individual account to your company's DataCamp organization. Here are the steps:
Change your email address
- Log into your DataCamp account
- Click on the down-facing arrow next to your DataCamp profile picture
- Click on your name
- Click Edit Account
- Change your email address to your company email address and Save Changes
Join your company's organization
- Request a link from your administrator to join, or ask your administrator to add/invite you
Following these steps will ensure the retention of your previously earned XP and course progress.
If your organization decides to end their DataCamp for business subscription, you can change your account's email address to reflect your personal email address once again. You will not lose access to your account or progress by doing this.
Why is there a difference between the XP on a member's profile page vs. the XP on my Organization Leaderboard?
There are a couple of reasons why the XP on the leaderboard would be different than the XP on certain members' profile pages.
- The data has not fully updated...yet
The XP information in members' profile pages contains the most up-to-date XP information. However, the XP in the Leaderboard does not update in real-time which could result in slight, temporary discrepancies between the two. It updates roughly every 6 hours. This is as designed in order to transfer data from one area of DataCamp to another in the most manageable, sustainable way possible.
- Your filter is only capturing data for a particular timeframe
By default, the filter in the Leaderboard displays information for the past 30 days. If your members have 60 days' worth of XP, for example, your current view will not be filtering for all of their accumulated XP. You'll have to expand the filter to a broader timeframe to capture all of the XP in that view.
Individual DataCamp users may either have an individual subscription, or a Business Subscription within an Organization cohort, but not both. Individual subscriptions will not come into play when joining a Business Organization, as Individual Subscriptions and Business Subscriptions are intended to be separate.
If a user with an individual subscription enrolls in a Business Organization then their individual subscription automatically gets canceled to avoid auto-renewals and double charges.
Once a member is invited/enrolled into a Business Organization they will automatically occupy a License or prompt the purchase of a new one for the business if sufficient Licenses are not available.
Each member of a Business Organization will be utilizing one of the Business Licenses that have been purchased by the organization.
When a member gets removed from an organization, as long as they have access to the account they will never lose earned progress tied to it. Course progress, XP, username, and password will remain active.
However, premium access is considered a subscription benefit, so they will not be able to access premium DataCamp content immediately after the removal. In order for users to regain access to premium content, they can then either purchase an Individual Subscription or join another Business Subscription.
This is controlled by your Organization's Privacy settings, which your Organization Admin can toggle on or off. If you are unable to view your teammate's progress, it is most likely due to the feature being "off" within your Organizations Privacy Settings.
Please reach out to your Admin to request this feature be turned on.
- Within your Organizations dashboard > Settings > Privacy, your Admin will be able to turn this feature on/off. See the screenshot below for reference.