Frequently Asked Questions
- Administrating Members
- Organization Settings
- How do I join my organization's DataCamp subscription?
- How do I transfer my account to an Organization without losing anything?
- Why is there a difference between the XP on a member's profile page vs. the XP on my Organization Leaderboard?
- Can members pay individually?
- Will removed members keep their progress?
- Can I view my teammates' progress?
All admins now have the ability to remove members from their organizations!
- Access your Organizations "Members" tab
- Enter the name or email of the member to be removed in the search field
- Click on the checkbox next to the user's name
- The "Remove from Organization" button will become enabled
- Click on "Remove Member" to remove the member from your Organization and free up the license.
Please contact the DataCamp Support team by clicking on the Submit a Request button at the top of the Help Center if you believe you have a situation where you are unable to remove a member yourself.
As an Administrator in your Organization, it is important to keep track of your team's progress and measure their engagement. DataCamp's Reporting and Leaderboard functionalities allow you to do just that. More information on leaderboards and reporting can be found HERE.
You can access more data on course completion by navigating to the Reporting section of your Organization's interface and going to the Export tab to export a .csv. It should appear as a .zip file in your Downloads folder.
One of the two files in that folder contains course-level data broken down by each member. From here, you should be able to access information like the date a member started a particular course, and when they completed it. A full breakdown of the information found in the export can be found HERE.
Depending on what you are looking for, as the administrator of your DataCamp Organization, there is a lot of useful information readily available for you. The best place to start is the Reporting tab of your administrator dashboard.
As the name implies, the Summary tab gives you a general overview of all members in your DataCamp Organization. It can be accessed by clicking on Reporting > Summary. From here you can see:
- Their name and email address
- Number of completed courses
- Number of completed exercises
- Number of completed chapters
- Total XP
The View Leaderboard option allows you to view much of the same information above. It can be accessed by clicking on Reporting > Summary > View Leaderboard. One of the main differences here is that you can filter by 30 days, 90 days, or the Past Year. This helps you identify your DataCamp rockstars more easily.
If the information above is still not enough for you, you might consider using the Export option to extract more specific information. The Export tab can be accessed by clicking on Reporting > Export. From there, you'll have the option to download a report as a CSV or XLS file. In addition to the information found in the Summary tab, the export includes:
- The member's username in DataCamp
- The name of the team(s) the member is enrolled in
- Created At
- When the member was added to the organization
- Deleted At
- When the member was removed from the organization
- The number of completed practice sessions
- Completed Courses
- The names of the completed courses by the member
- Completed Practice Mode
- The names of the completed practice sessions by the member
This option is only available for Enterprise subscribers. After you've exported your report, you'll note there are two tabs within your report:
- "groups", and
- "by course"
If you click on the "by course" tab, you'll see user activity at a more granular level, along with when members joined or left your DataCamp for Business group.
1. The "by course" tab reflects the column "JoinedGroup". This is the date members have joined your business group.
2. Whereas, the "groups" tab reflects when users have "created" their DataCamp accounts under the column "CreatedAt", not when they have joined your group as a member.
New members will have access to premium content for the duration of your subscription term -- regardless of when they were added to your DataCamp Organization.
For some members it may be a full year, for others, it may be a few months. It all depends on when they were added to your DataCamp Organization.
As long as members are enrolled in an active DataCamp Organization, using a license, they will have paid access suitable to your business subscription.
If your organization cancels for any reason, all members lose access at that time, regardless of when they were enrolled.
If your organization renews their subscription, all members continue to retain their access to paid content as long as they are enrolled.
DataCamp Groups cannot be merged.
That being said, one account can administer multiple Groups.
Alternatively, one Group can contain multiple Teams.
To change your Business Groups name, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Groups Settings page (located on the left-hand side of the Groups dashboard)
- Once you click on Settings you'll be on the "General" tab within the Settings page
- Navigate to Organization Name
- Make the change and click Save
The delete group feature is not available at this time for administrators. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The group name (or link) that you want to delete
- The email address associated with your DataCamp administrator account
For privacy precautions, we may require an additional email from you to confirm the deletion.
DataCamp can offer invoicing rather than credit card payments for all annual subscriptions over $3,000. Annual subscriptions under $3,000 must be paid through our website with a credit card.
If you have an existing subscription and would like to pay with an invoice, you can contact your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
If you're a new customer, you can click on the Learn More option HERE; after you submit the requested form, a member of DataCamp's Sales Team will reach out to you.
Please note that, as a security precaution, DataCamp does not store credit card data.
The default payment method cannot be removed from a DataCamp subscription. However, there are a few options if you would like it removed from the system:
1. Add another payment method by navigating to your Organization and clicking on Account Settings > Billing. This will essentially replace the existing payment method on file.
2. You can switch to invoice payments.
3. You can request to cancel the business subscription to prevent auto-renewal by reaching out to the support team or your customer success manager with more information.All enrolled members will still have access to premium content until your subscription end date.
If you have questions about either of these options, please let us know.
Currently, new members cannot be added to existing Assignments. If a new member joins a group after the administrator has created an Assignment, that member cannot see it.
As a workaround, the group admin can create a new assignment for everyone or individually assign a new assignment to the new member(s). Note that assignments do not require members to re-take completed content, so members who have already completed the assignment will automatically be marked as complete.
The course you are referring to is likely a course that has not been formally released yet. We call these "soft-launched" courses. While soft-launched courses are available for some DataCamp learners, they are not available for everyone, which is why they cannot be added as assignments.
Soft-launched courses are still being monitored for quality purposes. This process usually takes 2-3 weeks, but may take longer. Once this process is complete, the courses are formally launched and made available in the Assignments dropdown.
There are a few ways to enroll as a member of an organization and get access to DataCamp content. You can either sign up via an email invitation, generated by DataCamp, or an invite link, generated by your organization's administrator. The steps are slightly different depending on whether or not you already have a DataCamp account.
New DataCamp Users
If you do not have a DataCamp account and received an email invitation, here are the steps for joining your organization.
1. Click on the Join Group button
2. This will take you to a sign-up page like the one below (You should only sign up on this page and not click Create a Free Account)
3. Enter your information and click Get Started
Existing DataCamp Users
If you already have a DataCamp account and received an invitation email, then you're in luck! The steps are even simpler.
Once you receive the invitation email, like the one above, you'll just have to click on Join Group and log into your existing account.
Via Invite Link:
If you received an invitation link directly from your organization administrator, you will have to either click on it or navigate to it in your browser. The invite link should look something like this: https://www.datacamp.com/groups/shared_links/ilovedatacamp
New DataCamp Users
If you do not have a DataCamp account, you will be prompted to create one before accessing the organization with this link.
Existing DataCamp Users
Once you receive the invitation email, like the one above, you'll need to click on Join Group, accept the invite, and log into your existing account.”
Note: If an individual subscriber is enrolled in a DataCamp group, that subscriber will automatically receive a pro-rata refund that covers the remainder of their subscription.
Update your account's email address
- Log into your DataCamp account
- In the top-right corner of DataCamp's landing page, select My Account > Account Settings
- Within your Account Settings, change your personal email address to your company email address
- At the bottom of that page, select Save Changes
Join your organization's DataCamp Group
- Request an invite link from your organization's DataCamp admin
- Alternatively, your admin can invite you via email.
Note #1: So long as you're using the same account (with a new email), you will retain your progress and XP.
Note #2: Once your organization's business subscription ends, you can change your account's email again and purchase a new individual subscription.
Why is there a difference between the XP on a member's profile page vs. the XP on my Organization Leaderboard?
There are a couple of reasons why the XP on the leaderboard would be different than the XP on certain members' profile pages.
- The data has not fully updated...yet
The XP information in members' profile pages contains the most up-to-date XP information. However, the XP in the Leaderboard does not update in real-time which could result in slight, temporary discrepancies between the two. It updates roughly every 6 hours. This is as designed in order to transfer data from one area of DataCamp to another in the most manageable, sustainable way possible.
- Your filter is only capturing data for a particular timeframe
By default, the filter in the Leaderboard displays information for the past 30 days. If your members have 60 days' worth of XP, for example, your current view will not be filtering for all of their accumulated XP. You'll have to expand the filter to a broader timeframe to capture all of the XP in that view.
Enrolled members cannot pay individually. A DataCamp account can 1) be enrolled in a Group, or 2) have an individual subscription, *but not both*.
An account with an individual subscription that's enrolled in Group will automatically receive a pro-rata refund that covers the remainder of their individual subscription. The individual subscription will also be canceled. Once the Group's business subscription ends, that account is eligible again for a new individual subscription.
When a member gets removed from an organization, as long as they have access to the account they will never lose earned progress tied to it. Course progress, XP, username, and password will remain active.
However, premium access is considered a subscription benefit, so they will not be able to access premium DataCamp content immediately after the removal. In order for users to regain access to premium content, they can then either purchase an Individual Subscription or join another Business Subscription.
Your Group's privacy settings are controlled by your admin. If you are unable to view your teammates' progress, then that feature is turned off.
Please reach out to your Admin to request this feature be turned on.
- In a Group's left panel, an admin can select Settings > General, where they can adjust the Group's privacy settings: