What is a team?
DataCamp's teams further organize members within your organization's DataCamp group. Group admins can create teams to segment departments, technologies, skill levels, geographic regions, or anything you'd like!
Creating a team
1. Within your DataCamp group, select 'Teams' from the left panel
2. In the top-right corner of the Teams tab, select 'Create Team'
3. Name the team, choose a color, and select 'Create Team'
Adding Team Members
There are three ways to add a member to a team:
1. If they are not already enrolled in the group, you can include the team association when you invite them
- See article: For Business | Inviting Members
2. If they are already enrolled in the group, you can add a member to a team via the Members tab
3. Within a team's page, you can select 'Invite Members' or 'Create Invite Link'
After selecting 'Assignments' in the left panel, you can toggle between teams and create assignments for the entire group, specific teams, or specific individuals.
See article: Assignments Overview
Skill Matrix, Reporting, & Leaderboards
You can now toggle between teams to specify your Skill Matrix, reporting, and leaderboards.
Editing and Deleting Teams
Removing Team Members
Members of a team can be removed from the team while remaining enrolled in your organization's group. They can be removed directly from the team's page.
See article: For Business | Updating and Deleting Teams
- Navigate to your organization's DataCamp group
- Select the 'Teams' tab in the left panel
- Select the "x" icon to the right of the team that you want to delete
- Confirm your decision by selecting 'Delete Team'
Note: Deleted teams cannot be recovered, though changes to teams will not affect your group's enrollments.