- What does DataCamp include on its business invoices?
- How can I update & regenerate my company's invoice & billing information?
- How do I process open & overdue invoices?
- Can I switch my payment method to invoices?
- I added more licenses; when can I expect my invoice?
- How can I get a receipt for my refund?
- How can I switch my payment method from invoice to credit card?
You can view and download PDF copies of your invoice from your Billing Section of your Organization’s Settings.
New Subscription & Renewal Invoice
Amendment Invoice (Upgrading Subscription, Adding Licenses, etc.)
A. Important details about your invoice including your invoice number, invoice date, invoice due date, payment terms, and currency.
B. Your Organization’s Billing Account name as well as the first name, last name, and address of your primary bill-to contact.
C. The name of your Organization’s primary Sold-to contact. This is typically the administrator of your DataCamp Organization. Note, the bill-to and sold-to contact may be the same individual.
D. Shows the name of the subscription plan your Organization has purchased as well as it’s specific rate plan. For customers on a tiered rate plan, this section will also show the rate (i.e. price per license) at different tier levels.
E. The Charge Name specifies the period in which the charge applies. For example, if you purchase an annual subscription on the 1st of January 2019 - the service charge period will show has 01/01/2019 - 12/31/2019. The dates here are in US format.
F. Quantity shows the number of licenses you are purchasing
G. Unit price shows the price per license for your purchase. For customers who are on a tiered pricing model with different price points based on the number of licenses currently active on your subscription, the unit price will appear on your invoice as the average, effective rate of licenses on your current subscription.
H. The Amount column of your invoice shows the amount of each line item, the total amount of your invoice and the amount due. If the invoice is fully paid, the amount due will appear as $0.00.
I. If you’ve provided a purchase order number, this is where it will appear on your invoice.
J. This section is where you can find instructions on how to pay your invoice. For customers paying by credit card, you can add or update credit card information within your DataCamp Organization’s Billing Settings.
K. (For Amendment Invoices*) The first line item here shows the previous version of your subscription. Note, the amount of this line item is a negative value as this is providing credit for unused time on the previous version of your subscription. The exact amount is prorated based on the remaining time in the period you’ve already paid for.
L. (For Amendment Invoices*) The second line item here shows the amount charged related to the new version of the subscription. In this example, you are expanding from a subscription with 10 licenses to a subscription with 40 licenses. The amount in this line item is prorated based on the remaining time in your subscription service period.
M. (For Amendment Invoices*) The total amount of your invoice which is due will be the net value of all the individual line item amounts.
*Amendment invoices are invoices related to a change in your subscription. This can including upgrading to a more premium product or adding additional licenses to your current plan.
Once in your Organization's dashboard:
- Click on the Settings tab on the left-hand side
- Click on the Billing tab at the top of this Settings page
- Click on the Update Billing Information button at the bottom of the Billing Information section
- Include all of the information you would like reflected on your invoices in the Billing Information section of this page (see screenshot below)
- Regenerate the invoice in question by selecting the Refresh icon next to the invoice (screenshot below)
- Download the invoice which will reflect all recently updated information
- Access your organization's dashboard
- Update the payment method on file from the Settings > Billing page: How to Update Your Invoice | For DataCamp for Business
- Reach out to Support@datacamp.com and confirm that you have updated the payment method on file and give us the authorization to process the open invoice with the updated payment method.
Support will provide confirmation once the process has been completed and the receipt for the payment will be reflected in your organization's Settings > Billing page.
You can certainly switch to invoicing. However, there is a 10 seat minimum to switch over from a credit card payment to an invoice.
If you're an existing customer, you can contact your Customer Success Manager or support to switch to invoicing.
If you're a new customer, you can click on the Learn More option HERE, and fill out the form in order to get in touch with a member of our Sales department regarding using invoices as a payment method.
If your payment method is a credit card you should see an invoice generate instantly and automatically.
If you are using invoice payment method, instead, your invoice may take up to 30 days to appear in the Settings > Billing section of DataCamp. Invoices are manual in nature, so it takes more time to process them.
Keep in mind, regardless of when the invoice appears in DataCamp, licenses are granted instantly. You can start adding members regardless of whether or not the invoice has been generated in DataCamp. The Licenses Purchased and Enrolled counts will also update automatically and instantly.
Your refund receipt can be obtained directly from your DataCamp Organization's Billing section. See below for step by step instructions:
- Log into your DataCamp account (as the DataCamp for Business administrator)
- Scroll to the bottom and click on your Organization's Dashboard
- Head over to the Settings tab of your Organization dashboard found on the left-hand side
- Click on the Billing tab located in the top center of the screen
- Scroll down to the invoices section to view all invoices; including refunds
- The status section of each Invoice will indicate if it is a Paid, Overdue, or Refunded invoice.
- Find the invoice with the Refund status and click on the download icon to the right of it
If you would like to pay via credit card, update the payment method on file from "invoice" to credit card by entering your card information. Steps can be found here:
- Access your organization's dashboard
- Head over to the Settings > Billing page within the dashboard
- On the right-hand side of this page, you will note the section titled Subscription
- Click Add Payment Method
- You will be redirected to your business organization's payment method page to enter your credit card information
- Click Submit
Please let Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) know once you have added the credit card to your organization's dashboard as we would need to process the charge.