Desktops & Laptops:
For the optimal DataCamp experience on a desktop or laptop, we support major releases of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Each time a new browser version is released, we begin supporting that version.
We recommend disabling extensions and ad blockers as they can interrupt your access to DataCamp or DataCamp features, as this is the most common cause of video interference in DataCamp.
For Business Networks & VPNs:
If you use a business or academic network or VPN and experience issues with specific courses or frequent disconnections, please inform your IT/network admin and share this article to ensure that your network meets DataCamp's System Requirements.
Virtual MachinesIn addition to a strong internet connection, DataCamp recommends that you only have one workbook instance opened at a time for courses like Introduction to Power BI and Introduction to Tableau.
DataCamp offers courses with Google Sheets and Excel that may require additional network configuration.
For Google Sheets, you will need access to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets.
For Excel, you may encounter Sharepoint issues, at which point you will need to enable cross-site tracking, especially if you are using Safari.
Excel courses require access to the following domains:
For Safari, go to Preferences…>Privacy, where you can uncheck Prevent cross-site tracking.
For the optimal DataCamp experience on mobile, we support the following mobile software versions:
- Android Jelly Bean 4.4 or higher
- iOS 12 or higher
Note: For Android and iOS mobile devices, DataCamp's mobile content is available via Safari and Chrome browsers
- Add *.datacamp.com to your whitelist
- Add *.datacamp-workspace.com to your whitelist
- Check your firewall settings for blocks against common URLs
- Add datacamp.com email addresses to your address book to prevent emails from DataCamp from filtering into your Spam folder
- Ensure outgoing traffic rules for ports 443 and 80
- Ports 443 and 80 are used for standard DataCamp web traffic
Enable WebSockets so they are not restricted by any network policy
If you're still having issues, contact DataCamp Support (atop this page) with URLs and screenshots that include console errors via right-click > inspect > console, and let us know if your issue persists
• if you cleared the browser history, caches and cookies
• if your browser is updated to the latest version
• if you're using a VPN
• if your browser has any extensions enabled (e.g. AdBlock)
• in another browser/computer/network