DataCamp's Free Groups connect academic and business users with learners from their organization to study and track each other’s progress in one place, and all for free! Groups provide the basic functionality for peers to connect, learn, and stay accountable to one’s learning goals.
Need solutions to streamline data skills learning across various departments, geographies, or learning goals? Check out our DataCamp For Business plans. You can read more about our advanced functionality here.
Create or Join a Free Group
Anyone with a DataCamp account can now join Groups with their colleagues!
1. Select 'My Groups' or 'Organizations' in the left sidebar
2. Enter your professional email and organization's name, followed by 'Join Groups'
Note: A professional or academic organization name and email address is required.
3. Enter the code that you receive via email
4. Once you have successfully entered the code, you can join an existing Group in your organization or create your own Group
Inviting Members to your Free Group
Don’t keep your Group to yourself! Invite members to get motivated and achieve your learning goals together.
1. Within the Group, select 'Members' in the left panel
2. Select 'Invite Members'
3. Enter the emails of your colleagues and select 'Send Invites'
Accept a Group Invitation
If you are invited to join a free Group, follow these easy steps to join and start learning together.
1. You will receive an email with a link to join the Group
2. After selecting 'Join Group', accept the Terms of Service
You are all set! Time to explore the features you can use to drive your and your group’s skill development.
Free Group Features
Admin roles & permissions
All Group creators are automatically assigned a role of an Admin.
The Admin role can be transferred to any other member via the Member section of your group.
The Group dashboard allows you to get an overview of the Group’s skill growth—from time spent on the platform to total units completion—you can now see your Group’s activity in greater detail.
Assignments are a powerful tool to increase accountability within your Group. You can use them to create time-bound challenges or recommend courses & tracks to specific members—the possibilities are truly infinite!
Learn how to create and set an assignment here.
Note: Assignments can only be created by the Group's admin, who is often the Group's creator. An admin can change the role of other members so that they can create Assignments, as well.
Leaderboards sort members' progress from the past 30, 90, and 365 days.
Note: Leaderboards do not list members' comprehensive progress, i.e. progress from over a year ago.
Other Group Features
This feature is available when you upgrade to DataCamp for Business.
DataCamp's Free Groups include Reporting that allows members to view and sort individuals' completed courses & chapters, most recent XP, and total XP.
Advanced Reporting is available to Enterprise subscribers: DataCamp for Business Reporting
Delete a Group
If you would like a Group completely removed, please email email@example.com with the Group's URL within DataCamp, as Support can delete the Group.
Note: Once deleted, a Group cannot be recovered.
- DataCamp For Business: Frequently Asked Questions
- DataCamp For Business: An Overview
- For Business | Assignments: "Completed", "Late", "In Progress", and "Missed"
- For Business | Are all courses available for Assignments?
- For Business | Can new members access existing Assignments?
- For Business | Roles and Permissions
- For Business | Administrators: Best Practices