- How do I get a free DataCamp subscription?
- What types of organizations are eligible for DataCamp Donates?
- Which organizations have partnered with DataCamp?
- I belong to or know of a great organization that would benefit from DataCamp Donates? What should I do?
- Where are your partner organizations located?
- What type of subscriptions is DataCamp donating?
- How many licenses will DataCamp donate?
- How many licenses has DataCamp donated so far?
- Who determines who gets a subscription, and how?
- What does DataCamp get in return for its donations?
- I already pay for a DataCamp Premium subscription and I just received an offer for a free one through an organization. Can I still redeem the free one-year Premium subscription?
- I still have questions or feedback about the donation initiative. Who should I contact?
How do I get a free DataCamp subscription?
Thank you for your interest in DataCamp! We have decided to partner with community development organizations on this DataCamp Donates to ensure our free subscriptions go to people who need them the most and cannot afford them.
Many of our partner organizations have strict eligibility criteria for membership. If you meet the requirements, consider applying to join one of these organizations and let them know you would like access to a free DataCamp subscription. Upon acceptance, you may be placed on a waiting list for a free subscription.
If you are a member of an organization that could benefit from this offer, please email email@example.com to explore a partnership opportunity.
Please note that DataCamp will not accept individual applications as we are partnering with organizations for this initiative. Please refer to the process above.
What types of organizations are eligible for DataCamp Donates?
- Public secondary schools (ages 16 - 18)
- Colleges and universities outside the US and affiliated student groups
- Registered nonprofit organizations focused on education, workforce development, and scientific research.
- Governmental social welfare programs and unemployment agencies
Please note that college and university professors with a .edu email address are already eligible for 6 months of free Premium access for themselves and their students by applying directly for DataCamp for Classrooms.
Which organizations have partnered with DataCamp?
So far, we have partnered with:
- 10 Academy
- AIESEC in Nigeria
- Black Girls Code
- CincyHacks 2021
- Code for Nepal
- Code Louisville
- Connections to Success
- Data Science FEM
- Data Science Nigeria
- Developers in Vogue
- Developer Student Club DHA Suffa University
- Developer Student Club Loyola
- Developer Student Club Obafemi Awolowo University
- Developer Student Club University of San Carlos
- Developer Student Club University of Philippines, Diliman
- Developer Student Club University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines
- Duke University's Fuqua Volunteer Corps
- Gaza Sky Geeks
- Girls Will Code
- Google Developer Group Copenhagen
- Hack Your Future Belgium
- Harvard Data Analytics Group
- Hyper Island
- Ingressive For Good
- Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET)
- Malaysian Actuarial Student Association (MASA)
- Marki Perú
- Open Knowledge Nepal
- Pacific Mammal Research
- Partners in Development
- Per Scholas
- Pleasantville Union Free School District
- ReDI School of Digital Integration Denmark
- ReDI School of Digital Integration Munich
- She Code Africa Obafemi Awolowo University
- She Code Africa University of Lagos
- Simple Steps Community Connection
- Sisters of Code
- Specialisterne Australia
- Teach for the Philippines
- Women’s Haven Africa
- World Konkani Centre - VKSSF Alumni
I belong to or know of a great organization that would benefit from DataCamp Donates? What should I do?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any tips, references, and recommendations.
Where are your partner organizations located?
We are always looking to expand our DataCamp Donates to as many communities as possible. We have DataCamp Donates recipients in every continent except Antarctica. Our partner organizations are located in the following countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Côte d'Ivoire, Republic of
- Dominican Republic
- South Africa
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
What type of subscriptions is DataCamp donating?
We are giving our partner organizations modified Academic group accounts with a specific amount of Premium DataCamp licenses. The group account and licenses will remain active for one year from the time of activation.
How many licenses will DataCamp donate?
Our goal is to give away at least 25,000 individual licenses.
How many licenses has DataCamp donated so far?
We have donated over 20,000 individual licenses.
We have many more partnerships in the works. If you are a member of an organization that could benefit from this offer, please email email@example.com.
Who determines who gets a subscription, and how?
We do not have the resources to vet hundreds of thousands of applications, so we’ve partnered with nonprofit organizations that know their local communities best. We are also looking to partner with governmental social welfare agencies. These public and private organizations have already screened their members through the application processes, so they know all about their members’ financial and social situations. That’s why we can trust them to disseminate these subscriptions fairly.
To ensure these free subscriptions are going to the people who need them most, we have instructed our partners to give them to individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Looking for a new job or career
- Living below the federal poverty line
- Have been otherwise negatively impacted by COVID-19
We have included the final criterion in an effort to account for these unprecedented times. Everyone has been affected by COVID-19 in some way, but the impact varies significantly from person to person, with some experiencing unthinkable hardships. This approach will allow our partners to flex their judgment and compassion to help out as many people as possible with this DataCamp Donates.
Additionally, select instructors and administrators of some of the organizations will also receive subscriptions. Admins will use their licenses to support and track the progress of their new DataCamp learners so they can take full advantage of our platform.
Lastly, all of our DataCamp Donates recipients must not pay our partner organizations anything for their services and, by extension, free Premium access to DataCamp for one year.
What does DataCamp get in return for its donations?
These are true donations. Our partner organizations and their members pay us nothing for their Premium DataCamp subscriptions, normally valued at $399 USD each. By offering aid in the form of education services instead of monetary contributions, we’re also eschewing tax breaks, the traditional upside of corporate philanthropy. DataCamp receives no write-offs or direct fiduciary benefits from donating subscriptions whatsoever. The only thing we request of our nonprofit partners is an ongoing dialogue about their members’ successes using the platform.
I already pay for a DataCamp Premium subscription and I just received an offer for a free one through an organization. Can I still redeem the free one-year Premium subscription?
This will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. If you are already a DataCamp subscriber and are offered a free subscription through an organization, reach out to our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what your options are. Redemption options will vary based on your current subscription and the organization partnering with DataCamp to give you the free subscription.
I still have questions or feedback about the donation initiative. Who should I contact?
Please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We read every email and value your input greatly.