DataCamp supports integrations with a variety of popular LMS systems. These integrations allow members to seamlessly access DataCamp's course catalog through your LMS or LXP provider. We can also send course completion information back to your LMS. The following FAQs provide an overview of the integration methods we support.
- Who has access to LMS Integrations?
- How do you currently integrate with LMS/LXP platforms?
- What are the known limitations of this FTP delivery method for LMS integration?
- Which LMS/LXP providers do you support?
- What are SSO Enabled Deep Links?
- Do you support having user completion information sent back to an LMS course catalog
- Does DataCamp support LTI integrations?
- Does DataCamp support SCORM/AICC integrations?
- Does DataCamp support xAPI/Experience API/TinCan?
- How do I set up my LMS/LXP Integration?
- How long does it take to set up my LMS/LXP integration?
LMS integrations are available to customers with an Enterprise Business plan.
We will integrate with compatible LMS/LXP providers via an FTP delivery method. This means that we will send a .csv file containing our course catalog to an FTP server hosted by the client or the LMS/LXP on behalf of the client. We will continue to send files on a daily cadence so that any changes to our course catalog are reflected in the LMS/LXP. Once the file has been placed on the server, the LMS/LXP will ingest this data and make it available with your LMS/LXP content catalog.
In order to complete this type of integration we will need the following information:
- URL for file placement
- Relevant directory/path for file placement (if required)
- Username/password for the FTP server
- Course catalog file name format for the initial upload
- Course catalog file name format for the delta upload
- User course completion file name format for the initial upload
- User course completion file name format for the delta upload
- File template(s) for content catalog and user content completion (Note: standard file templates from Degreed, SuccessFactors, and Cornerstone OnDemand are included. Support for alternative formats may require additional development time and cost).
- Completion information is sent daily, so users should expect that it may take up to 24 hours for them to see a course marked completed in the LMS. Likewise, a change in DataCamp's course catalog may not be reflected in the LMS until the next day (e.g. if we add a new course to our library).
- Currently, the only content sent to the LMS includes courses. Projects, tracks, practice, mobile, and DataCamp Signal™ skill assessment information is not sent at this time.
We currently support FTP LMS/LXP integrations with Degreed, Cornerstone OnDemand, and SAP SuccessFactors.
An SSO Enabled Deep Link is any link to a page on DataCamp which contains a company SSO identifier. When a user clicks on this link, we will automatically redirect them to the IdP to sign in (if they aren't already) with SSO, and then redirect them back to the page they originally intended. If they don't have a DataCamp account yet, then we automatically provision them a new one.
In the context of an LMS, this means that users can click on an SSO Enabled Deep Link to a specific course and immediately be brought to that course as a logged-in user. This eliminates an extra sign-in step when they get to DataCamp and creates a smooth experience for the end-user.
The format of any SSO Enabled Deep Link is: https://www.datacamp.com/groups/<GROUP_IDENTIFIER>/sso/saml/login?path=<PATH>.
Yes, we support sending user completion information to Degreed, Cornerstone OnDemand, and SAP SuccessFactors.
We currently support LTI 1.1. This level of integration provides course results and gives users the ability to link their host account to a DataCamp account. Please contact your Sales representative or Customer Success Manager for additional information.
DataCamp does not support SCORM/AICC integrations. DataCamp is an interactive platform with multiple features and learning experiences beyond just video exercises. SCORM/AICC would create a suboptimal learning experience for users which fails to leverage the key, unique benefits of our platform. Therefore, we’ve strategically chosen not to support these methods. We do support other LMS integration options (FTP) which can be used to integrate with DataCamp.
DataCamp does not support xAPI/Experience API/TinCan integrations for DataCamp for Business plans at this time. Please contact your Sales representative or Customer Success Manager for additional information.
Customers on an Enterprise Business plan can activate a supported LMS integration by contacting Support or their Customer Success Manager.
Assuming your LMS/LXP provider is already supported (e.g. Degreed) with the standard file template formats, configuring the integration itself can be completed in one day.