I shared an article to the DataCamp Community, but I cannot see it. Why was it not shared?
The Community team reviews every shared post as frequently as possible, but it may take some time to get to your post.
If you are not seeing your post after a week or more, it was likely rejected. Information on our guidelines can be found below.
DataCamp Community News Content Policy:
DataCamp Community News - Rules
- Be helpful - Submit links that help data science experts and enthusiasts to create valuable insights about the foundational topics as well as the latest developments in data science.
- Be fair - Upvote posts only if you think that they are helpful to the data science community.
- Be patient - Don't panic when your posts don't get upvoted straight away! It takes some time to get on top.
- Be respectful - Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Stay on topic - Give a clear title and description to the post you're submitting and tag your post appropriately.
- Keep it safe - Make sure that the link you post is not potentially harmful or abusive. For more information, check out the list of prohibited content below.
- Report abuse - A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse, report it to us using the flag icon. If you want to know what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for what is not.
Content is prohibited if it
- Is illegal
- Is malicious
- Is copyright protected
- Is pornography
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information, which includes, but is certainly not restricted to, personal telephone numbers and postal addresses.
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Is spam
- Is blatantly self-promotional
- Contains content that sells, facilitates or advocates
- Alcohol and Tobacco
- Intends or means to circumvent filtering proxies or detection systems
- Promotes any form of hacking or cracking