At DataCamp, we understand and embrace how quickly technology evolves and changes. As a result, it is inevitable for some courses to become out-of-date. So, how exactly do we make sure that Career and Skill Tracks remain relevant and up-to-date?
The short answer: we regularly update courses and Tracks.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding DataCamp's Track updates:
Track Update FAQ's
- How often does DataCamp update tracks?
- How will I know if a course I'm taking will be replaced in a Track?
- What happens to my Course Progress if I have partially completed the phased out course?
- What happens to my Track Progress if I have partially completed the phased out course?
- What happens to my Course Progress if I have fully completed the phased out course?
- What happens to my Track Progress if I have fully completed the phased out course?
- How can I switch back to the older version of the Track?
While there is not a set schedule, DataCamp constantly and periodically updates courses and tracks. The goal is to make sure that our learners are equipped with the most up-to-date information as they embark on their Data Science journeys.
If you are taking a soon-to-be phased out course in a Track, you will be notified directly in that course. Its replacement course will be offered as a suggestion. You are more than welcome to complete that course before moving on to its replacement.
Your course progress will remain completely intact. You can continue and even finish that course if you choose to.
If a course is phased out of a Track, even though your course progress will remain active, that particular course will no longer count towards the Career or Skill Track. This means that in order to complete the track, you must also complete the new version of the course.
You will notice that your Track completion percentage on your homepage will also change once the old course is completely phased out of the Track. This is expected behavior.
If a phased out course has been fully completed, your Course Progress will remain completely intact.
If a phased-out course was fully completed in a Track, you will get credit for that completion and be able to move on to the next course in that Track. However, you are required to complete the replacement course to complete the Track.
If you switch to the new version of a Track, either intentionally or accidentally, you have 24 hours to switch back to the old version of the Track. To do so, navigate to the Track homepage and click on the "Switch back" icon to the right of the Track.
- DataCamp Track Changes: June 2020
- How do I switch to an updated Track version?
- How To Switch Tracks