I have two DataCamp accounts, can I merge them together? I want to be able to combine or transfer my XP and course progress.
While we do not have an option to merge accounts or progress together, there is a solution.
If you the account with the most XP or course progress is associated with an email address you would not like to keep, you should follow these steps:
- Determine the account you'd like to keep
(This is typically the account with the most XP or course progress)
- Log into the account you would not like to keep
- Click on your name on the top right-hand side of the screen
- Navigate to Email
- Add (+1) at the beginning of the email address
For Example, firstname.lastname@example.org would be updated to +email@example.com. Doing this will free up the firstname.lastname@example.org email address in our system.
- Log into the account you would like to keep (with the most XP/progress).
- Change the email address on this account to your desired email address. In this case: email@example.com will change to firstname.lastname@example.org
The account with XP now has the email address that the account with 0XP had. You’re all set!
If both of your accounts have XP or progress, you would have to choose one of them and follow the steps above. We recommend choosing the one with the most XP or progress. Feel free to reach out to the DataCamp Help Desk should you run into any challenges with this process. We're here to help!