If you live in an American state that charges online sales tax, then sales tax will be added to the purchase of your DataCamp subscription.
If your purchase needs to be tax-exempt, you will need to purchase the subscription and then contact DataCamp Support (atop this page) with the following materials:
- Your organization's tax exemption form, which must include the following:
- A full name that matches the name on the DataCamp account
- The organization's name
- Information regarding tax exemption
- If your name is not listed on the tax exemption form, please send one of the following materials in addition to your tax exemption form:
- The accountholder's name on the organization letterhead confirming 1) their affiliation with the organization, and 2) that the purchase is for organizational use
- If an organizational credit card was used to make the purchase, a copy of the credit card used for the purchase:
- The card name must match the entity name on the signed tax exemption form
The accountholder's name must be listed on the card as it appears on the DataCamp account
Note: Do not include the credit card number. Only the last 4 digits are required for verification
- An entity badge or ID card
The entity name on the card must match the entity name on the signed tax exemption form
Value-Added Tax (VAT)
A value-added tax (VAT), known in some countries as a goods and services tax (GST), is a type of tax that is assessed incrementally. It is similar to -- and often compared with -- sales tax.
If you do not add a VAT number to Account Details at the time of purchase, please add it via Account Settings > Subscription within DataCamp and contact Support (atop this page), as the Support Team can request a corrected invoice on your behalf.
Where does DataCamp collect VAT?
DataCamp collects VAT in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
A number has between 4 and 15 digits, starting with the two-digit country code followed by 2-13 other characters.
DataCamp's EU VAT number is EU056078443. The countries that comprise the European Union with their country code are: Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG), Croatia, Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Denmark (DK), Estonia (EE), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany (DE), Greece (EL), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Luxembourg (LU), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Poland (PL), Portugal (PT), Romania (RO), Slovakia (SK), Slovenia (SI), Spain (ES), Sweden (SW)
DataCamp's UK VAT number is GB380880280.
Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Federal Tax Identification Number (FTIN)
If you need DataCamp's EIN or FTIN, you can use the following number: 352522844.
You can also download the attached W9, which includes our EIN number.